Alexandre Dimcevski (violin)
Alexandre Dimcevski has established himself as a polyvalent artist, performing as a soloist, chamber musician, Concertmaster and being a teacher.
Born in France, in a Russian-Macedonian family, he has begun learning the violin with his father Blagoja Dimcevski, former pupil of Yuri Jankelevitch, keeping on the traditional Russian school of violin playing. After graduating in France in his teenage years, Alexandre went on to study in Köln, Germany, where he earned his Bachelor and Master’s degrees under the tutelage of Mikhaïl Vaiman and Barnabas Kelemen, and also received advices from great artists such as Zakhar Bron, Viktor Tretiakov, Boris Kushnir, Irina Medvedeva, Raphael Oleg, Mikhail Ovrutsky, etc. During that time, he was the recipient of various scholarships such as the AIDA scholarship, which helped grow artists of exceptional talent. It was also during this period that he started to be an accomplished chamber musician, dedicating a large amount of his work to his string quartet, with which he won the 1st prize in the Cologne International Chamber Music Competition in 2013.
He goes on to pursue his chamber music passion giving concerts in France, Germany, Hungary, Spain, Japan, Macedonia, Denmark, Czech Republic, Holland, Austria, Switzerland, Indonesia, with various partners and friends such as Barnabas Kelemen, Vilde Frang, Maxim Rysanov, Fedor Rudin, Roman Kim, Yuri Zhislin, Danjulo Ishizaka, Jan-Erik Gustafsson, Alina Pogostkina, Peter von Wienhardt, Laszlo Fenyö, José Gallargo, Katalin and Dora Kokas, Alexandre Castro Balbi, Florian Noack and many others.
Since 2016, he is the Concertmaster of the Hungarian State Opera, and since 2018 he also leads the Hohenems Arpeggione Kammerorchester. He is also appearing as a guest concertmaster in France, Germany and Denmark.
Transmission being an essential element of his education, Alexandre is holding teaching in the highest regard and is giving masterclasses, in France, Germany and Hungary.
Alexandre is currently playing a violin crafted by Carlo Ferdinando Landolfi, in 1754.